B20U17m2 Fast Food (Public Health cont) In some places, fast food, prepared meals, and sugary drinks are now sold in more shops and at lower prices than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?

B20U17m2 Fast Food
In some places, fast food, prepared meals, and sugary drinks are now sold in more shops and at lower prices than in the past.
Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?

It is argued that providing more sports centres or health clubs would be the most effective method for improving public health. From my point of view, however, proper health education would be a better measure.

On one hand, people’s health has been greatly enhanced thanks to participation in sports facilities. It is an undeniable fact that fitness levels are increased by taking part in physical activities such as doing daily exercise or playing sports. Therefore, the increasing popularity of gym classes or sports clubs gives people more chances to improve their health. After a hard day at work, many residents in my neighbourhood attend evening yoga classes in order to keep fit and stay healthy.

On the other hand, I would argue that increasing the provision of sports amenities would have little impact on public health. This can be explained by the fact that many people who paid for an annual gym membership failed to go entirely after just one month. Therefore, I think that it is more important to educate citizens about basic health awareness. A person would easily avoid some potential health problems if he is equipped with sufficient basic knowledge about medicine and health care. For example, when a child knows more about the adverse effects of smoking, he might be less likely to take up this bad habit in his adulthood. Public campaigns and health protection programmes, thus, should be promoted so that people know how to protect their health effectively.

In conclusion, the growing prevalence of sports facilities has brought a wide range of health benefits for people; yet, I personally believe that raising public awareness through health campaigns would have a more positive impact on improving people’s health.

Em cmt de nhan dc badge ah :grinning::joy::kissing_heart::innocent: